Welcome to my 1st Blog

I decided to start this blog to keep a record of my training season before my 1st Ironman!! I hope friends and family enjoy the next 6 months journey!!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

T minus 2 Weeks to Ironman

I just can't believe how quickly this event is coming up. Training has been long at times, but overall really great!! I took 2 days off after the Half IM and then started building back into my training schedule. I think it worked well as I felt great Thursday on my climbs up Tantalus and again on Saturday on my 50-miler. I put in some strong efforts on Saturday up the climbs and felt great. I had a good, solid swim this morning in my full wetsuit, so gaining confidence there as well.

I've got a few more short, intense intervals this week started with running with my marathon training group tonight, tantalus again on Thursday. One more 2 - 2.5 hour ride on Saturday and then I'm officially TRAINED!!! Really focused on staying healthy now over the next two weeks.

The weather in Cda has been pretty cold this year and the water temps were hovering at a balmy 52 degrees (yikes!!)...However, temps have climbed in the last week and the lake is now at 56 degrees. Even better, the forecast is for temperatures to climb from the 60's to the 80's, which should bring up the lake temps even more before the race. I'm praying for 60+ degree lake temps as even that will be cold, cold, cold!!!

No comments: