Welcome to my 1st Blog

I decided to start this blog to keep a record of my training season before my 1st Ironman!! I hope friends and family enjoy the next 6 months journey!!

Friday, April 22, 2011

Another Good Result



I finished the Lanikai Sprint Triathlon in 1 hour 4 minutes. That was a 6 minute PR (personal record) over the 2009 race that I last competed on that course. We had favorable conditions (i.e no wind), so my time was going to be better, but I didn't expect it to be that good. I finished 21st overall and 5th in my Age Group. I'm most excited about my bike as I turned in the 17th fastest time at over 23.8 mph. I also ran 6:12 pace, which is quite fast for me....I didn't think that I was running that fast, but I guess so...

My goals going into the Sprint were to have a better swim (2 minutes faster then 2009) and strong bike, both of which I accomplished. The training I'm doing and the new bike are both working really well for me and I'm pretty psyched about the future. Attached are 2 photos from the race for you to enjoy.

More to come as I ramp my mileage back up for the toughest stretch of training!!

No comments: