Welcome to my 1st Blog

I decided to start this blog to keep a record of my training season before my 1st Ironman!! I hope friends and family enjoy the next 6 months journey!!

Monday, March 21, 2011

121

What's so special about that number you might ask?????

It's the number that showed up on my scale when I stepped on it about a week ago.....I couldn't believe it. I can't remember the last time I weighed anywhere close to that...The lbs just keep flowing off of me, so I've stepped up my eating to include more carbs to ensure I'm not tiring out during the workouts!!

For reference, last January, I weighed about 136 to 138 lbs...So, I've lost 15 to 17 lbs in the last year. Also, the lowest I've weighed since I started triathlon was 127 before my Half-Ironman in 2008. A year of running really leaned me out and the training is really taking my weight down. I feel great though and my run seems effortless, so bring on the weight loss....Only downside is I have to wear a belt with all of my shorts and nothing fits me anymore....

No comments: