Welcome to my 1st Blog

I decided to start this blog to keep a record of my training season before my 1st Ironman!! I hope friends and family enjoy the next 6 months journey!!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Braving the Water again

After swimming in pools for the majority of the first week after the sting, I finally had the courage to get back into the ocean with some help from my friend Emily!! We went to a different place, Ala Moana, and I put on my full wetsuit for protection.....The first couple hundred meters were a little terrifying, but I kept swimming all the way until I reached the 1,000 meter pole (about 20 mins of swimming). It felt like it took forever, but I made it and took a few deep breaths to relax and enjoy the water again. By the time I finished 2K, I was relaxed and glad to be back in the warm Hawaii waters....this was a big win for me as I need to spend alot of time swimming to get ready and the pool is sooooo boring!!

No comments: