Welcome to my 1st Blog

I decided to start this blog to keep a record of my training season before my 1st Ironman!! I hope friends and family enjoy the next 6 months journey!!

Monday, March 21, 2011

3-Week Cycling Peak DONE!!

We just finished a 3-week cycling focused block of training where I averaged 160 miles per week. It was hard and tiring, but I made it through some really long rides feeling pretty good. My coach, Eric, scheduled some runs after the long rides and that helped build my confidence as I felt good and strong even after 4+ hours in the saddle. My new bike is really comfortable and helping out big time. My first run after a 70-mile ride was very fast and I felt great. Never before had my legs felt so fresh after a long ride. Just goes to show that my position on the new bike is really dialed in and I'm loving it. My shoulder and neck pain has mostly gone away due to the better position as well!!

We are moving right into a 3-week run focus, so looking forward to the reduced bike mileage and building up my running again!!

No comments: