Welcome to my 1st Blog

I decided to start this blog to keep a record of my training season before my 1st Ironman!! I hope friends and family enjoy the next 6 months journey!!

Friday, May 13, 2011

Oh, the weather outside is frightful

We've had some really challenging weather to train in. I can't remember a wetter, windier, more humid training season!! In the past week, we cancelled a swim and a long ride due to lightning and just plain nasty weather!!

While it's been difficult training conditions, I'm a firm believer that it builds character and will come into play during the race as the "mental" piece comes into play. Inevitably, something doesn't go according to play that is totally out of control and you just have to deal with it on race day!! I'm also hoping that this means we will have nice weather for the Half and Full IM in June!!

More to come as the next few weeks heat up!!

No comments: