Welcome to my 1st Blog

I decided to start this blog to keep a record of my training season before my 1st Ironman!! I hope friends and family enjoy the next 6 months journey!!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

1st Month's Training in the Books

Wow - time flies when you are having fun. With the first month finished, I'm starting to get used to my training schedule and this quasi-work thing that I have going on. I'm enjoying my time and the training. Each aspect (Swim, Bike, Run) is starting to come around even though I have alot of work ahead. The last 2 weeks, I've put together 60+ mile rides spanning from 3 - 3:30 hours. I've taken 2 - 3 hour naps after each ride which tells you how tired I was. I have a long way to go to build up my endurance and fortunately 5 more months to do it in!!

There were also a ton of changes in this month: Listed and Sold my House, had my going away parties with my staff, adjusted from 15 years of working 40+ hour weeks to more of a focus on training, moved and unpacked, and now getting used to living with Ann. It's been a great month all in all and I'm really excited about the future!

No comments: