Welcome to my 1st Blog

I decided to start this blog to keep a record of my training season before my 1st Ironman!! I hope friends and family enjoy the next 6 months journey!!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

IM Rookie - 1st Week Bike

I can't believe how different my triathlon bike rides after such a long layoff. It feels so foreign to be riding in aero position again. Everything hurts (butt, shoulders, neck) and 20 miles seems really, really long. In fact, I was commenting to a friend that I think a 20 mile run would be easier at this point!! I also rode Tantalus for the first time this week and it was BRUTAL. Tantalus is a nasty, switch-back, filled GOLIATH of a climb that lasts about 5 miles. It's right outside of downtown and has amazing views of the entire South Side of the island. Unfortunately, I was so focused on breathing that I didn't get much of a chance to enjoy it. Fortunately, there were some fellow triathletes that rode with me and helped me get up this climb. My balance feels off too as I had to descend much slower then usual....I was on the brakes so much that my forearms were locked by the time I finished the ride....On top of this, I almost fell over with the first pedal stroke as I couldn't click into my new pedals on the left side....Total IM ROOKIE!!!

2 comments:

Colleen Renee' Wilson said...

love it Craig...it's like you are learning to ride your bike again. Can't wait to see you finish CdA in June, it's gonna be great...New Zealand after this? :)

CP said...

Let's just see how Cda goes first, but I am considering NZ in 2012 as I have a bunch of friends kicking it around!!! It may be too close to Boston is the only issue....Ask me at the finish line of Cda :)